Front End Back on, Window Trim Installed
My Nova List friend Bob Haggard happened to have some extra front window trim he wasn’t satisfied with and made me a good deal. It’s from a company called Corvex Moulding and it’s decent enough for a race car, but not something you would want for a show car or restoration. The fit is decent, but finish and stamping quality isn’t as good as OEM Chevy.
[singlepic id=31 w=320 h=240 float=right]However that trim was a lot better than what I had, so I’m happy and we got that little project finished up. After the trim was back on we lifted the front end back into place, and thank goodness didn’t scratch up the fenders. The carb is a bit too close to the hood now, so unfortunately I’ll need to take my 1″ spacer off to get some clearance which might cost a little horsepower – that makes me wish I had got a 6″ or bigger cowl (current one is a 5″). I suppose at some time we’ll probably look at putting a forward facing scoop on it, but I’ve been dragging my feet on that one as I like the cowl.
[singlepic id=32 w=320 h=240 float=right]We’re ready to set the caster/camber/toe, set corner weights, and start wrapping up a few hundred little details. Hope to take this ol beast to a test n’ tune here before long. Tonight we’re putting it on the scales to see where we’re at as there’s not much else left to bolt back on. Crossing my fingers we’ll be underweight for MAKO!