Our first race of the season at Texas Motorplex March 9th resulted in some good improvements and a new PB of firstname.lastname@example.org which we were happy to see. Winter chassis changes – new Larry Hunt modified Cal-Vert Split Mono Springs, Smith Assassin Bars and a TRZ Girth Brooks Anti-Roll Bar worked pretty good – well except during the $250 “Test” session which was more no-prep than a Radial Prep. When the track started to prep like they should the car came around and hooked, 4.70’s, 4.60’s then in Q3 it laid down a 4.55.
We made it to E2 before being stopped in our tracks by Shane Heckle who went on to win the race, but I was happy regardless. The changes we’d made didn’t result in screwing the car up which is usually the case, and we went quicker than ever before. Unfortunately were fighting an issue with the nitrous solenoids not pulsing quite right with a big dip at launch, so I’m working to fix that issue now for the next race, but it still was laying down 1.11/1.10 60’s pretty consistently once they prepped the track. Also have a few tuneup related adjustments that need made, I’m pretty sure we can get a few more numbers out of it once we get things adjusted / fixed, hoping to get in the .40’s this season if possible.