Our first time out for the 2017 season and we hit a home run! All of our off season changes worked together for a change and we were able to lay down a 4.87 right off the trailer with a very soft tuneup. Next round of qualifying we turned it up a bit and Ol' Blue went 4.75, in the heat of the day on a hot track. Now that might not sound like much, but we've fought hot tracks for what seems like forever, but between the stellar track prep at Ozark Raceway Park and the new changes to the car, it was pretty satisfying to be able to go not only A > B in the heat but to also go pretty quick. We turned it back down for Q3 as it was a 2 pm, and pretty hot, Q4 we went back to the Q2 tune up and it clicked off a 4.759 at almost 152 - a new high MPH for us. Round one of eliminations we got a bye due to odd # of cars, so we turned it up a little and went firstname.lastname@example.org, tweaked it some more against Russell Foreman in E2 and broke the track record with a 4.6768@152, but barely squeaked by with the win as I was late on the tree and Foreman ran a new PB himself in the 4.70's. In the final round we faced up against Tony Phillips once again, Tony knew we were gonna go for a quicker pass and he turned his up also, but must have been a bit too much as he spun, we on the other hand had problems and the car slowed to a 4.84 and lost 7 mph. Later I discovered I left a plug wire off, can't complain as it worked but I really need to start double checking things like that! All in all very good weekend, car worked great and performed better than ever, we got the win and had no major problems!
Ol' Blue had a really good showing for her first time out in 2015, we won the Mickey Thompson "Bash in the Backwoods" Drag Radial class at Ozark Raceway Park June 6th, and we reset the class ET record as well! Sure can't complain about that for the 1st few passes on the car this year. During qualifying I thought we were going to have a season like last year, fight the car all through qualifying and qualifying poorly. Our 1st three passes were either slow or we knocked the tires off. Finally in Q4 we got it figured out and went A > B with a 4.96 - something to work with finally! After that pass, we improved about a tenth per pass and the car had it's best MPH to date, 150 mph which is even better than last year in mineshaft air. In the final we drew our good friend Tony Phillips who was running pretty darn well himself but we edged him out with a email@example.com to his firstname.lastname@example.org for the win! We couldn't have done it without the great track prep the ORP crew was doing during the race. They really had it working pulling 400 on the torque meter and both Tony and I set new best 60's at that track with 1.17's and 1.18's there. That's a huge and welcome improvement on the track prep for ORP. Having a good first outing was great, we learned a lot during the race and recorded a lot of data to make improvements in the car. All the new sensors worked great and certainly helped diagnose what the suspension and nitrous system was doing. Only damage we found was I broke the #8 roller rocker tip axle, and #6 roller died too, but didn't break the axle. So, have some valve train issues to fix but other than that all went pretty darn good. Chris and I can't wait to get the car back out again, we're shooting for 60's this year and I think the car can get there. Here's a vid of the final - [youtube id="_kuEaLQBd-k"]