Finally getting around to documenting the rest of the wing project here. After getting the brackets and rods all setup, the next issue I ran into on this project is that after I attached the wing strut brackets to the rear bumper, I had too much movement going on – not up and down, but in and out. The bumper was flexing too much, so first I added two more dzus fasteners to support the top of the bumper. That certainly helped as far as pushing the bumper in and out, but it still wanted to deflect if you put much weight on the strut rods. So next I put an adjustable striker bolt underneath each strut rod bracket. That worked great and made the top of the bumper quite stiff.
Next up was making the sail panels which I first … Read More »